Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mentally Registering

So I've been freaking myself out lately. Yesterday I was an inch away from registering for the 100 Mile Great Lakes Triathlon which takes place in October. It's the ideal race because it will be close to where I'll most likely be living in October and the date was far enough off to give me ample training time.

But it's 100 miles! 1 mile of swimming in an open-water race is intimidating. And I'm not sure I've even ran 15 miles before (I've ran a couple half-marathons). I knew things were getting bad when I started making up things to get nervous about - maybe residency will be too much work for me to train very hard, maybe I'll drown.

So I made up my mind to bank this race for next year. This year, I will do a number of sprints and maybe an olympic, which also has a 1 mile swim, later in the season. But I will keep an open mind as if I'm doing the 100 miler in October. If I feel like I'm on track, I'll register late. Either way, I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment